This episode was recorded on June 9th, 2019!
This week, Paul, Tia, and Kara dive into a deep discussion about the “death of the author” or idea of separating a comic book creator (or any kind of creator/artist/writer/etc.) from their work. Is it possible? Do you do it? Can you do it? Should we do it as a culture or not?
- 00:00:00 – Start/Last Week in Comics
- 00:14:34 – Comic Picks
- 00:23:50 – Separating an Artist From Their Work
- 00:54:39 – Wrap/Credits
What We Read / Comic Picks
- Criminal #5
- Paper Girls #28-29
- Mister Miracle
- Brubaker’s Winter Soldier
- Pros and Comic Cons
- Fence Vol 2
- GLOW #2
- Maxwell’s Demons TPB
- Jughead’s Time Police #1
- Red Sonja Birth of the She-Devil #1
- Paul – @OhHiPaulie
- Tia – @PortraitOfMmeX
- Kara – @KaraSzam
- Hulk Hogan’s Rock ‘N Wrestling
- Gather round children, Not-Quite-Dr. Tia is going to tell you a story about a very nice not at all deranged man named Roland Barthes
- (“Poststructuralism is like, “YOU ARE THE FATHER OF THAT BABY”)
Music provided by Infinity Shred. Find them on Bandcamp.
This week’s episode was produced by Mike Rapin and edited by Zander Riggs.
Support us on Patreon: patreon.com/ircbpodcast
Spreaker | Player.fm | Pocket Casts | Overcast | RadioPublic