This episode was recorded on October 14th, 2018!
POW! ZHAM! WHIZZ! THWIP! This week, while Mike is away, Kara, Paul, and Nick dive into the wonderful world of sound effects in comics. How do you hear them? Why do they matter? And make sure you stick around at the end of the ep for a bit about doggos.
- 00:00:00 – Start/Last Week in Comics
- 00:26:29 – Comic Picks
- 00:34:00 – Sound Effects in Comics
- 00:57:30 – Wrap/Credits
- 01:00:03 – Good Doggos
Comic Reads/Picks for this week
- Captain Marvel: In Pursuit of Flight
- Wonder Woman Earth One vol. 2
- Dry County: A Lou Rossi NovelHellboy: The Wolves of Saint Augustus
- Regional Folktales of India (Amar Chitra Katha)
- MCMLXXV #2
- Gideon Falls #7
- King of the Comics: 100 Years of Kings Features Syndicate
- Paul – @OhHiPaulie
- Nick – @dethstarplnz
- Kara – @KaraSzam
- KATCHOW! How to Write Sounds in Comics
- The 15 Most Iconic Comic Book Sound Effects
- Breaking the Silence: How Comics Visualize Sound
- Kapow: Marvel adds sound to comics
- On Comics Sound Effects
Music provided by Infinity Shred. Find them on Bandcamp.
This week’s episode was produced by Mike Rapin and edited by Zander Riggs.
Support us on Patreon: patreon.com/ircbpodcast
Spreaker | Player.fm | Pocket Casts | Overcast | RadioPublic